FTP Account Setup Tutorial
- First create a folder inside of the public_html folder. I named mine downloads
for this example.
- Then go to your ftp manager in CPanel and add
- Set it
up like this with whatever username and password you chose:
- Open your ftp client. (I used WS_FTP for this example).
- Of course you will use your URL instead of mine.
- Notice how I used the password and user name “pass” for
both parameters but when I set up the account it wants the username firstname.lastname@example.org.
The password will still be pass.
- Set your remote folder in the Initial Remote Site Folder
field. This is the directory that you used to set up the account.
- Hit Connect to test.
NOTE: If you are connecting through a browser for your ftp
client, use this address format (replace your URL).